Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh function in Aironet 1130AG Series?

anderseide
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Is there an mesh function in Aironet 1130GA , and how do this work with WLSE?

Edit: Changed title

3 Replies 3

jrackelmann
Level 1
Level 1

1030 yes (are these discontinued?), 1130 don't think so, I know my 1131ag's don't have a mesh option.

ok, is there any other indoor AP from cisco suporting mesh?

Need it on school campus.

Hi Anders,

Here is some added info;

Q. Which indoor access points support enterprise wireless mesh?

A. Enterprise Wireless Mesh functionality is supported on the following indoor access points: Cisco Aironet AP1131AG and Cisco Aironet AP1242AG. It is not available on the 2.4 GHz single band platforms at this time.

Q. Are my existing AP1131AG and AP1242AG access points capable of supporting enterprise wireless mesh, or do I need to purchase new access points?

A. Your existing AP1131AG and AP1242AG access points are capable of supporting enterprise wireless mesh. Once you purchase the wireless mesh software license, you will have the right to enable mesh functionality on those APs.

Q. Will Cisco Aironet AP1250, the industry-leading enterprise 802.11n platform, support enterprise wireless mesh?

A. Enterprise Wireless Mesh will not initially be supported on the AP1250. Cisco is committed to leveraging the two complimentary technologies of 802.11n and wireless mesh as the increased backhaul capacity offered by 802.11n significantly enhances the performance of the mesh network. Support for this capability is planned in a future software release. For further information, please contact your Cisco representative.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_qanda_item0900aecd806bde44.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card