cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP Server on a 1801 with adv sec

ciaran1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have an 1801 with advanced security running on a site with a l2l ipsec vpn tunnel. Everything is working fine. I need to be able to terminate pptp vpns (Microsoft vpn client) on the router. can this be done. I would imagine I have to allow port 1723 and gre in on the main acl and also set up the pptp server on the router. Any help or config examples would be great. Attached there is a cut down config.

regards,

Ciaran

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

PNS which is called as PPTP Network Server is the Device that is able to terminate PPTP tunnels from a PAC and terminate PPP sessions to remote systems through PPTP data sessions.

JPDisney01
Level 1
Level 1

NAT'ng GRE requires its own external IP as GRE is IP 47 (not TCP/UDP). Not sure how this would work with the router acting as the terminating device rather than a server though...

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are correct. If you are planning to terminate PPTP Session on the router, then you need to open up TCP Port 1723 and GRE Protocol on the router for PPTP to work.

Please refer the below URL for configuration details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801e51e2.shtml

Regards,

Arul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: