Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper Terminal, Garbage Output?

Bret_CJ_West
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is very wierd. I was copying and pasting a config to a 2600XM router, all of sudden the whole hyper terminal window changed to some wierd looking window i've never seen before.

Now whenever i try and access the router using hyper terminal (console port), i get a grabage output, all these strange symbols pop up on the screen but nothing else.

Have i completely broken this router, or is there something i can do? I'm hoping it has something to do with baud speeds..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Do you have telnet access into the box? You could look and see if you have done anything to adjust the speed on line con 0.

Failing that try all settings on hyperterm connection properties, and run through each of the baud rates. Hopefully you will get a match, and can go in and change it.

Also if you did not get to saving the config after you pasted it in, just reboot the router at an appropriate outage window, and it will boot back up with its original startup config.

Hope this helps

Martin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Do you have telnet access into the box? You could look and see if you have done anything to adjust the speed on line con 0.

Failing that try all settings on hyperterm connection properties, and run through each of the baud rates. Hopefully you will get a match, and can go in and change it.

Also if you did not get to saving the config after you pasted it in, just reboot the router at an appropriate outage window, and it will boot back up with its original startup config.

Hope this helps

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: