cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple PRI question

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a customer who is implementing two PRI?s for PSTN access. My questions are;

a) is NFAS really necessary with only two PRI?s, if so, what configuration does the telco have to do to support this

b) if I don?t use NFAS, what is the best configuration to use on the router and CCM

Gateway will be H.323 and CCM 5.1

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, since the PRIs are going to terminate on the same PRI you will only have one GW in CM.

So, there are couple of ways to make this work:

1. use seperate dial-peers with preference command defined

2. Create a trunk group and associate the trunk group with the voice-ports and dial-peers

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

a) you will only gain one B channel with 2 PRIs, in my opinion it's not worth it.

b) NFAS is supported with H.323, not with MGCP here is a config doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008020ecee.html

If you dont want to use it work with TELCO to bundle the 2 PRIs into a trunk group, so calls can come in to either one of the circuits on the inbound side. For outbound calls place both GW into the same Route Group, and that's it.

HTH,

Chris

Okay, so I am not going to use NFAS.

When you say, "For outbound calls place both GW into the same Route Group, and that's it."

If using H.323, won't I just have one gateway in CCM?

Thanks for the reply!

Correct, since the PRIs are going to terminate on the same PRI you will only have one GW in CM.

So, there are couple of ways to make this work:

1. use seperate dial-peers with preference command defined

2. Create a trunk group and associate the trunk group with the voice-ports and dial-peers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: