Views
Helpful
Replies

clean access and game consoles MTU

mikeccit
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I've got clean access up and running, and it's working great. I've got some students asking for game console internet access. I set up a role and filter for xbox as per the cca user guide, but the student's xbox (360 version I believe) fails with a MTU error. After a little research, the solution seems to be to change the MTU on the router (or clean access, or asa - I'm not really sure), but I'm not going to change MTU settings on multiple devices just so game consoles can get internet access.

Do you have your clean access system configure for game console access?

If so, did you have to do anything with MTU settings?

If you encountered MTU errors, but resolved it some other way, what was it?

My config involves this traffic flow: end user <-> clean access <-> asa <-> cisco router <-> internet.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Try connecting the console directly to the router which is connected to the internet and check if it works. If it works then you will only have to change the MTU size on the ASA. Another option will be to have the console connect directly to the internet bypassing the CCA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: