cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC moving to HA question related to SQL publisher

kbyrd
Level 2
Level 2

I am migrating from a single IPCC server to a 4 node cluster running 4.05a. I just installed MS-SQL, upgrading from MSDE. Given that I am still in a single environment, should I be able to activate the Publisher? Or, is that option onl available to me when a second node with SQL registers to the cluster? When I go to the datastore control center>publisher activation page, the activate publisher option is grayed out. the reset publisher and cancel are available. Is this normal?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Check this cisco bug CSCse38428 for coresident CCM & IPCC express result in node being partially monitored.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_4_0/english/administ/crs401sq.pdf

Thanks, that's not my environment. I have a single IPCC and a 3 node Call Manager. They are not co-resident. I'm moving the single IPCC to a 4 node cluster.

Last evening, I took the first step and now have two nodes, each with all services running. By default, Node 1 became the publisher. My next step is to add nodes 3 and 4 as expansion servers for the database components and services and Node 1&2 will run the CRS engine only.