cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern Question

ali
Level 1
Level 1

I am missing one digit when I dial from a Mobile phone to my cisco7960 phone.I don't have this issue however when dialing from a landline.I have setup a route pattern 0.07xxxxxxxxx Any ideas what might be causing this?

8 Replies 8

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Not sure what you are asking here, calling from a mobile which is external to the system? How is the route pattern relates to that?

Please explain some more so I can help.

Regards, Avner.

Thanks for responding.Basically when I try to call from say 07845678987 only 7845678987 is displayed as the number calling.

I am not entirely sure what I should look at to correct this

Hope you can help

If you do a debug isdn q931 you'll be able to see if thats how its being presented to you from BT, I know BT drop our leading 0's on all incoming calls by the looks of things, i'd be interested to see if anything could be done; perhaps prefix all incoming calls with a leading 0?

I have run the command debug isdn q931 and there is no output at all when I make calls to the 7960 the gateway is a cisco 2811 router running MGCP.Any ideas?

you may forgot terminal monitor;

To display debug command output and system error messages for the current terminal and session, use the terminal monitor EXEC command.

Hi yes that was the reason

I have attached the output

Hi,

It all makes sense now, the calling number is indeed truncated by BT (which is normal in most telco environments).

Do you need it (the 0) in order to allow your users to return calls from their missed calls directory? or you are simply interseted in presenting it differently to your users?

The solution, since it is mgcp, would require a translation pattern and some partitions and css. relevant link on cco can be found at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

HTH, Avner.

I'll second that, Or you can ask BT to leave the leading '0' in place when forwarding the call into your network. In the past I have asked them to do this and more ; )

hth,

Ajaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: