cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple routes on 2811

jasonh
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a nightmare and need to know if what I am trying to do is possible with what we have (2811 with Advanced Security 12.4). I have 2 sites connected via 2 point to point T1s, connected through 2 port HWIC in each router. Each site has 2 DSLs to connect to the internet, one site also has 1 internet T1, all of these connections are made via the network. I want to configure the routers to route traffic from a specific VLAN to one of the internet connections normally but failover to any of the other connections, including across the point 2 point network.

2 Replies 2

emadehsan
Level 1
Level 1

hi

you can try HSRP for redundancy between routers and using EIGRP for their link activity.

also you can use tunnel interface on both router withy your desire destinations.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One method to accomplish what you describe is use PBR (policy based routing) to direct the specific VLAN traffic to take you choice of path. PBR can be configured to deal with failure of the primary path.

See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml

for a whitepaper on PBR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card