cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Archiving Chats in CUPC ? [cisco unified personal communicator]

markduffield
Level 1
Level 1

Companies that have compliance requirements must archive all email and chat.

Can it be done with CUPC ?

5 Replies 5

markduffield
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

There's no option for it that I know of, not that I can find anywhere in the server settings, or the client options.

Hi

It's going to be in version 8.0 - a new feature called Compliance where chats will be logged to DB.

Regards

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.... this is very good news.

Do you have an ETA on CUPC 8?

I have discussed this issue in a couple forums with Cisco.  Basically, the answer is that they know about it and it is planned for 8.0 release.  However, I can't speak to whether or not the feature is "committed" as in, it's guaranteed to show up in 8.0 vs. a subsequent release (like 8.0.x or 8.x).  I have heard of some fairly interesting solutions for how to do this in custom fashion in earlier releases but believe me, it's nothing I'd suggest anyone get into...in fact, I've never seen it so it's sheer rumor really.  8.0 is target for Q2/3 of 2010 I believe, but as with all major releases - I would not be surprised if it doesn't really hit till late in the year.

Hailey

Please remember to rate helpful posts and mark questions as answered, if they are!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: