cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP subnetting with RIP2

netview69
Level 1
Level 1

Now we are using class C ip addressing at head off & branches. All Branches are connected throught Lease Line with Head off. All Routers are using RIP1 for dynamic routing. Now host is going to increase more then 254 so we wants to change with Class C ip addressing scheme with Class B. We will use RIP2 for new setup. I am attaching the file for Class B IP Addressing, pls guide me. It will work properly na. what we need to reconfigure in router??? Waiting for urs reply.

Regds

5 Replies 5

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

note1:if users will increase only in HO, just change the IPs in HO.

note2:keep the serial interfaces IPs. the ones you suggest are in conflict with HO IPs.

so the config will be like this in HO:

interface f0

ip add 172.16.0.1 255.255.252.0

interface s0/0/0

ip add 192.168.100.5 255.255.255.252

router rip

version 2

network 172.16.0.0

network 192.168.100.4

no auto-summary

if i was in your place i will remove dynamic routing, add just one default route in each brach and x static routes in the HO router and enjoy peace in mind :-)

yes only at head off users will increase so how to give plan for head off LAN IP's OR

if we wants to change hole ip scheme of network pls make one excel sheet & brief me.

you said that serial ip will conflict???

one more thing customer wants dynamic routing.

i suggest you just change IPs in HO. keep all the remaining as it is.

when configuring rip in HO don't forget to add the new network 172.16.....

Hi ohassairi,

Thanks for urs prompt responce. But their is 3 branches which hv lack of IP's so any how i have to go for class B for hole network.

I hv confusion abt serial ip's for all branch router as well as for head off. we areplanning to use RIP2. pls make one excel sheet for ip address scheme & post it.

waiting for urs reply.

regds

the subnet that you choose for lan in HO is from 172.16.0.1 --> 172.16.3.254 so all these Ip must be used by hosts in internal LAN.

however, we note you choose the IP 172.16.0.2 for one serial interface. this ip belongs to 172.16.0.1 --> 172.16.3.254 and cannot be used by an other network in your diagram.

look for rule nbr4 in this link http://hassairi.50megs.com/#osama

so i suggest you keep your existing wan addressing (look at sheet). or you can choose an other subnet begining from 172.16.24.1.....

pls rate if it helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card