cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change frequency on Access Point 1240AG?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Hi folks,

I just got a Cisco 1240AG Access-Point.

There are other access points around and I do not want interference from other AP.

If I have access to CLI commands, how can I change the frequency on this AP? Is that recommended?

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marlon,

You change the frequency on the AP via the Channel settings. This is an excellent idea to try and use different non-overlapping channels than your neighbour AP's. You probably want to tune the Transmit power as well. As always, a Site Survey is highly recommended :)

Each 2.4-GHz channel covers 22 MHz. The bandwidth for channels 1, 6, and 11 does not overlap, so you can set up multiple access points in the same vicinity without causing interference. Both 802.11b and 802.11g 2.4-GHz radios use the same channels and frequencies.Cisco recommends that you assign a static channel setting for each AP.

This doc shows the IOS commands;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/s15rf.html#wp1037361

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card