cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Software for one-time disk imaging of IPCC/CM/Unity

MauryJ
Level 1
Level 1

Even though we use BARs for backing up our CM and CRA data, I would like to take images of our CM/CRA/Unity servers to be locked away (and before upgrades, for example).

I've read a few threads on this in the forum but am not clear if either Symantec Ghost or TrueImage Workstation will successfully create images of these systems. has anyone use either product successfully?

From what I understand neither is "supported" and would have to be uninstalled to receive support.

Thanks

MJ

5 Replies 5

azjpiper151
Level 1
Level 1

I have used ghost before making an image of IPCC. You have to boot to a floppy or disk then createthe image off to another ghost server. Then you can bring up the "same server" in a lab or back in production if things go south. Works good but remember each time you make a change you need to make a new image.

Good luck!

We just got done cloning our entire call center with Norton Ghost 12.0. Just pay particular attention to your master and slave drives.

Thank you very much -- I'm going to go with Ghost then due to your recommendations.

Sorry for the late reply -- thank you very much for your advice!

We use Acronis True Image with the "disimilar hardware pack." This allows me to, "ghost" the complete drive using acronis and then restore the image to a system with same hardware exact or to a separate box.

The best functionality with it is that we are not locked down to a specific branded system and can very easily create a backup while the system is live and then restore to a test box or a cold spare.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: