cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wav attachments

idrissimehdi
Level 1
Level 1

Can I change the .wav attachments in Cisco Unity to include the day and the time of send

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Not sure exactly what you are looking for here, but I can tell you the "envelope" information or message properties are by default, played when listening to a voice message. Cisco Unity announces the day, date, and time that the message was sent. You may have this option unchecked.

To Change What Cisco Unity Plays Before and After a Message:

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Assistant, on the Preferences menu, click Message Playback.

Step 2 Scroll down to the Before Playing Each Message Play section, and check or uncheck any or all of the following check boxes to specify what information Cisco Unity plays before each message:

- Sender's Information

- Message Number

- Time the Message Was Sent

Step 3 In the After Playing Each Message Play section, check or uncheck the Time the Message Was Sent check box to specify whether Cisco Unity plays the message time stamp before playing each message.

Step 4 Click Save.

Hope this helps! Ginger

hi kaven;

thanks

my problem is when i receive a voice mail in my mail box the message are named message01.wav I want to change the content of the name to be :expample 17/09/07.wav

sorry for my bad english

If you look at the file with details selected then you will see the time and date the file was modified.

I don't think you can change the name.

rlp

Hi -

There are two ways to modify the voice message if you are using Outlook:

- You can right-click on the VoiceMessage.wav file and select Save As. Copy it to a new drive location on your PC and rename the file. You cannot rename the attachment in the existing voice message in Outlook.

- Modify the Subject of the voice message.

Ginger