Views
Helpful
Replies

known the maximun bandwidth between to MDS with IP

fmendozar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I?m looking for a way to determine how much bandwidth I have available for an FCip tunnel between a couple od MDS 9216i switches. I need to show the communications guys that they?re provinding me less bandwidth that they claim.

3 Replies 3

user_4444
Level 1
Level 1

From Device Manager use "Log" from the summary screen. Tick the FCIP port. You can use "Bytes" or "Util" and from the "Summary Log" file it will tell what or how much was used.

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the end devices are running full throttle, then just look at the show interface fcip X and that will give a good idea. But, yes, there is too known as SAN extension tuner. You will need to have another gigEthernet port up to act as a virtual initiator and target. And it has to be zoned as well. I usually just put it a vsan with default permit and then trunk that vsan over the fcip link. There is some documentation in the configuration guides but it might be best to call TAC and get a sample config.

Does the SAN Extension tunner feature requiere an additional license to be enabled? Or Does it come as standar feature?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: