cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring MAC Authentication on a Wireless AP

mulliganjr23
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for help configuring and managing MAC address authentication using the CLI. We are using 1230 model access points running software version 12.3(4)JA. The AP is setup for open authentication with MAC authentication by a local list only. I am able to manage the Local MAC Address List using the web GUI interface, but we want to manage this list through the CLI. *NOTE* I'm not referring to the MAC address filter. This is for authentication only. Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

In addition to centralized MAC authentication, it is possible to MAC-authenticate users against a locally configured database in the access point if either the Local List Only or Authentication Server if not found in Local List option is selected. Refer URL

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/wireless_security/deployment/guide/APSS3Chp.html#wp1012206

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Here is the doc that explains about it,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: