Views
Helpful
Replies

Text Paging

preethapious
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how to send text messsage to group of Cisco IP phones connected to CME

Thanks,

Preetha

8 Replies 8

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Download the IP Phone SDK and look at the push2phone example.

Your next question will probably be how to get the IP address of a phone.. to do that you need to resort to cli commands on the cme (not the topic of this subforum), which you can send to the router via routerxml (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support select "callmanager express")

Hi,

Is it possible to send text message to group of Cisco IP phones connected to CME through HTTP POST using CiscoIPPhoneExecute and RTPMRx and RTPMTx commands

Thanks,

Preetha

Could u pls tell in detail how to send text msg to group of IP phones connected to CME using CiscoIP phone XML objects and URIs

Thanks,

Preetha

Did you download and install the SDK and look at the example I mentioned? If so, what exactly did you not understand from the sample code? From your question, I do not know which part you did not understand.

i have to use CiscoIP phone XML objects and URIs to send msg to group of phones. so could u please suggest me based on that.

I really don't like repeating myself. Please get the SDK and have a look at the example. It illustrates how you send any XML object to a phone. Then it's just a matter of sending to multiple phones (which is a sequence of the operation "send to one phone"). I'm quite convinced that if you study the example, things will become clear to you.. it really is quite a basic thing and the example is easy to understand and more effective then somebody giving you a basic course on pushing data to IP phones here in the forum.

i know how to send msg to one IP phone. what i wanted to know is how to send to zone paging group. would anyone suggest how to do text to speech paging

If you want to send audio/text to a group of phones, you can use HTTP POST along with multithreading in Java.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: