cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Diagnostic Channel: How to use it?

jkurynny
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how the "Diagnostic Channel" feature in v4.1 of WLC code can be used to troubleshoot client issues? Once I check the checkbox in the WLAN Advanced properties tab, what are the next steps? Do I need to do anything on the client(s)? Where do I find the logging information the diagnostics produce?

The documentation on this feature is apparently non-existent except a small blip in the command reference guide about enabling it, but no further information on how it's used.

Many thanks,

Justin

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

We use a WLAN with a diagnostic channel meant primarily for troubleshooting. Passing data traffic is not a concern.

I thought the diagnostic channel is used when you are having problems with that WLAN, i.e., that it creates a separate channel between the client(s) and WLAN for sending client-side diagnostic data to the WLC.

Maybe I should back up with the question and start with:

How does the diagnostic channel feature work? Can you give me an example when I would use it?

Thanks for your reply.

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card