Ciscoworks cannot connect to server: Exception in connectToAni()

Answered Question
Sep 14th, 2007
User Badges:

When i log in to Ciscoworks and try acessing administration. I get an error message 2 below.

"Can not connect to server: Exception in connectToAni()"

"Unable to load properties from server. Please try after sometime."

Kindly assist on what i nned to do to restorethe connection to my ANI database.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 8 months ago

The command to shutdown dmgtd is:

net stop crmdmgtd

Before you do that, I need the output of:

pdreg -l RmeOrb

When you get the new netstat -a -n -o, I also need a full process list including PID from this machine.

Overall Rating: 5 (5 ratings)
wwanjohi123 Fri, 09/14/2007 - 05:35
User Badges:

ANIDbEngine is running but ANIserver is not. Even when i start the process it doesn't start.

Joe Clarke Fri, 09/14/2007 - 05:37
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Please provide the full pdshow output.

wwanjohi123 Fri, 09/14/2007 - 05:38
User Badges:

I started Aniserver process and is now Running with busy flag set, but still can't connect.

Joe Clarke Fri, 09/14/2007 - 06:01
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It may take a while for ANIServer to fully initialize. After about 10 minutes, if you still can't connect, post the ani.log.

Joe Clarke Fri, 09/14/2007 - 06:22
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

There is a problem with EDS. Please post the EDS.log. Was the IP address or hostname changed on this server recently?

Joe Clarke Mon, 09/17/2007 - 07:56
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Does the file NMSROOT/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/eds/loader/EDSClassLoader.class exist?

Joe Clarke Mon, 09/17/2007 - 21:24
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It looks like things were working fine for a while up until September 14. What happened on the 14th? Have you tried a reboot of the server since then?

wwanjohi123 Tue, 09/18/2007 - 03:53
User Badges:

I was trying to run the logrot script to resize my log file which was so big. I stopped the syslog service, deleted the syslog.log file and restarted the server. from then it hasn't worked.

Joe Clarke Tue, 09/18/2007 - 08:20
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Shutdown dmgtd, then post the output of "netstat -a -n -o -b". If that doesn't work, try "netstat -a -n -o". If that doesn't work, "netstat -a -n".

wwanjohi123 Wed, 09/19/2007 - 04:35
User Badges:

What is the syntax for the shutdown command?netstat -a -n -o -b is not giving any output

Attached is the output for netstat -a -n and netstat -a -n -o.

I have also seen in your previous discussions asking someone to check instances of the server's hostname in a dmgtd.conf file in the path /opt/CSCOpx/objects/dmgt, when i check on my server i only have F:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready\jrm i don't have the dmgtd.conf file, could this be the cause of the problem.

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 09/19/2007 - 09:03
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

The command to shutdown dmgtd is:

net stop crmdmgtd

Before you do that, I need the output of:

pdreg -l RmeOrb

When you get the new netstat -a -n -o, I also need a full process list including PID from this machine.

wwanjohi123 Wed, 09/19/2007 - 22:46
User Badges:

Apparently before i shutdown dmgtd, i decided to open my topology and administration and it connected to the database very fast. I now can see all my devices.

From your previous discussions i saw something to do with DNS. I just restarted my DNS service which was actually deactivated.

Thank you very much.

I think that i have a maintenace problem, what material of best practices can you advice me to read or access so as to maintain the server properly.

Currently the server just runs and uses it for only configuration achieving. For example i would like to remove all the old unreachable devices and use other modules like the DFM.

Kindly advice and Thanks once again.

Actions

This Discussion