Listening to IPCC WAV files on Windows Media Player

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2007

I have just taken on the support of an old IPCC server v3.1. The scripts contain a number wav files which are played depending on the time of day. I have taken copies of the wav files in the hope I can play them on my machine to allow me to document each message.

My problem is each time I try to play the files windows media player says the Sipro Lab Telcom ACELP.G.729 codec is missing. I am assuming this is the codec they were first recorded with. Dose anyone know where I might be able to get the codec from or is there a different media player I could use.

I am currently having no luck using Google. I could call the lines and listen to the messages but some of them only kick in if the call has been queued for over 90 seconds and most of the calls are getting answered before this time.

Many thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Fri, 09/14/2007 - 06:25

Can you try and use the sound recorder to play these files?

Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder

platn Fri, 09/14/2007 - 06:50

Thanks for your reply. I have tried to open the file with Sound Recorder and all I get is a gary screen.

lpezj Fri, 09/14/2007 - 10:28

you will need to add the G.729 codec to Media Player. This codec is not free and you have to purchase it.

If you have Cisco Unity, you can get the G.729 codec.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

platn Mon, 09/17/2007 - 02:58

Thanks for that. I had read a comment on the web that said the codec is on the Unity CD but I cant find it. do you know how I can get it off the unity server ?

Many Thanks

This Discussion