Views
Helpful
Replies

Making a port channel state follow the state of a tracked Object

alanwright1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

With 3560 with object tracking is it possible to make the state of an interface follow the state of object tracking.

What i actually need is a way to shutdown a port channel if one or more members goes down and NOT wait for all members to go down before the port channel goes down.

TIA

Alan

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, it is possible to make the state of an interface follow the state of object tracking. Each tracked object has a unique number that is specified in the tracking command-line interface (CLI). Client processes use this number to track a specific object. Please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7077/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808a9d35.html#wp1078655

Hi,

I agree that I can use the tracking feature, my question is how do i link the tracked object state to make the other bundle members go down, thus forcing the entire port channel down. Eg. If i track an object, I can make a route be available, based on the object state with the command ip route track x. What is the command to force operational bundle members to go down if only one goes down?

TIA

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card