cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Memory Usage % High

connollyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys we have 3 CCM servers one publisher and two subscribers.

Virtual memory is running at 80% on the publisher and about 60% on the subscribers.

I keep getting the below alerts.

Should I be overly worried about this alerts? And if so what action should I take?

On Fri Sep 14 12:20:28 BST 2007 on node 10.52.224.10.

Available virtual memory below 30 Percent.

dbmon (1127 MB) uses most of the memory.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

did you resolve this issue?

I am experiencing the same with a CCM cluster (CCM 5.1(1b)).

Thank you.

Yorick Petey

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CM?

System version: 5.0.4.2137-3

Administration version: 1.1.0.0-1

Hi,

did you resolve this issue?

I am experiencing the same with a CCM cluster (CCM 5.1(1b)).

Thank you.

Yorick Petey

Hi Yorick,

We have resolved this issue now. We rebooted the publishing server.

If the virtual memory keeps increasing on the publisher server you will lose services such as extension mobility and will be unable to update phones.

Since the reboot publisher virtual memory is holding steady.

Hi

I have the same problem in a cluster of 4 CCMs. The symptoms are web acces fail y Corporate Directory fail. I check the RTMT and i see the virtual memory are 98%. Time ago i have tha same problem and i solved rebooting the publisher. The version is 5.1.3.1000-12. Who knows the final fix?

Hi cristian,

5.1.3.1000-12 we have some problems with our Webapps impacting Tomcat.

It highly recommended to upgrade at least to 5.1.3c

Hi everybody,

we are even experiencing the high virtual memory issue on a 6.1.2 cluster (3 nodes), exclusively with one of the nodes.

Guys, can you check in RTMT the Calls in progress counter? Because on the node with high VM alerts, the Calls in progress statistics are constantly growing, never released.

Thank you.

We have the same problem!

Two servers in cluster. On Publisher Virtual Memory Usage increase every day on 2-3 %.

System version: 6.1.1.2000-3

Hi volkovvalery,

Are you using a voice gateway with QSIG protocol?

Yorick

We using a voice gateway, but with ISDN protocol.

Is it a MGCP controlled gateway? What is on the other side of the ISDN line, the telco?

Go to Serviceability/Tools/Serviceability Reports Archive, select the last PDF report for PerformanceRep, and try to upload Call Activity and System Resources utilization graphs.

Thank you.

Yes, MGCP and telco.

What i'll see on this graphs?

How i can resolv my problem?

May be increase the memory on MCS-7825H3?

I would see especially the call activity graph, to see if the Calls in Progress counter is constantly growing up. It's our problem and we are currently troubleshooting this with TAC.

Hi,

I have the same issue with the call in progress that keep growing without legit reasons... How did you resolve your issue ?

We are using CCM 6.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: