cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't remove traffic-shape group... A bug?

ciscodmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 router with the following configuration of one of it's subinterfaces:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.50

description VLINK to NAS-7301

encapsulation dot1Q 50

ip address xxx.144.128.73 255.255.255.252

no ip proxy-arp

no snmp trap link-status

traffic-shape group 103 6000000 150000 150000 1000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I've got after some manipulations with 2801 described later:

Router#sh traffic-shape GigabitEthernet0/0.50

Router#sh traffic-shape

Router#sh traffic-shape statistics

Acc. Queue Packets Bytes Packets Bytes Shaping

I/F List Depth Delayed Delayed Active

Router#sh traffic-shape queue

Traffic queued in shaping queue on GigabitEthernet0/0.50

Traffic shape group: 103

Queueing strategy: weighted fair

Queueing Stats: 0/1000/64/13538 (size/max total/threshold/drops)

Conversations 0/102/128 (active/max active/max total)

Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)

Available Bandwidth 6000 kilobits/sec

The output of all 'sh traffic-shape ...' commands is empty except 'sh traffic-shape queue'!!

Well, may be redefining traffic shaping on this interface will help? No..It doesn't:

Router(config-subif)#no traffic-shape group 103

Router(config-subif)#traffic-shape group 103 6000000 150000 150000 1000

traffic-shape group cannot be configured when GTS has beenconfigured via Modular QoS CLI on Gi0/0.50

I can't get rid of GTS on subinterface! Doing 'no traffic-shape group 103' has no effect at all.

This problem occured after I tried to apply service-policy with CB shaping to this interface, already configured with GTS. This failed with message that it's prohibited to mix shaping with and without access-lists.

And now, when I try to apply service-policy I get this output:

Router(config-subif)#service-policy output policy_fromISP

mix of shaping with and without access lists prohibited

I can't neither remove nor change shaping on this subinterface. It's not clear if it even works properly.

IOS version is 12.4

How to remove this GTS?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 'not-so-gentle' method, would be remove subif, reload. As if it's a bug, is debatable, you're already in the murky waters of an unsupported configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: