Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity givng an "invalid entry" error at the call handler

On Unity 4.0.4 sr1 sometimes when callers call in they are getting a "sorry, that is an ivalid entry" error when entering a DN. They get to the call handler prompt OK, but sometimes they get that error. If they call right back, the same DN will go through. The problem seems to happen more in the morning, but it will also happen in the afternoon. The ports are not being overutilzed, according to the Port Usage report.

Is there a trace that I can turn on in Unity to see what digits are actually getting to Unity when the DN is entered? Is it possible that the DTMF tones are getting corrupt? This connects to a Callmanger 4.1.3 sr3a. There are four CM/Unity clusters in the same room, connected to the same switches, with the same configuration, with the same versions, all using the same gateways and PRIs. I will upgrade the TSP to 8.1.3, it is currently 7.0.2. Is there anything else I can check? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

You can use call viewer to see in real time what Unity is receivinig from ccm. You can also log.

There are also traces that can be set and you would see the digits but call viewer would be better to go through the in formation.

You will need to keep call viewer running while logging.

rlp

One more thing.

Start Call Viewer

To Log save the log after the call is made that you want to save.

do not save the log before

rlp

Thanks for the response. I tried Call Viewer but it doesn't show the DN after you hit the call handler. It shows the number I'm calling from and the number I'm calling to (the call handler number) but it does't show the DN I entered during the call handler prompt. What traces can I look at to see the digits coming in at the call handler prompt?