ccna preparation inquiry

Unanswered Question
Sep 14th, 2007

I attended on of the local trainings for CCNA and bought an cisco press ICND. The training is very good and easily understandable but it seems that many details were left out. As part of my review, i will now use the CD and take the exam next week, if i review with the ICND CD, will it give me a better chance of passing?

I am still studying all the theories, but a lot of experiencing in configuring/troubleshooting routers and switches. Where can i test my knoledge that i have covered all?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
crunchyhippo Fri, 09/14/2007 - 10:20

A bit of advice for you; I took the 801 and failed it miserably, one of the reasons being that the simulations they had were so alien to what I had studied. If you can find a free/pay site that can provide similar simulations, I think they would help you in getting through them.

aaron.andrews Fri, 09/14/2007 - 15:08

I agree with crunchyhippo. I wasn't prepared for the simulation questions. I also took the 801 and failed the first time due mostly to I ran out of time and didn't finish the test.

I used the book CD's extensively in my preperation along with building a home lab with actual routers, switches and CSU/DSU's. I was getting 100% on all the chapter quizes and full CCNA practice tests and am able to build small networks that actually talk to each other with the various protocols.

On top of what cruchyhippo said I highly recommend doing many timed test drills and be able to do subnetting in your head. I was working out all the subnetting and it wasted too much time. You really do have very little time to answer the questions. It's pretty brutal if you are not prepared.

edongskiu Sat, 09/15/2007 - 01:41

thanks guys, i think i need to focus on getting subnetting real fast.

So the CD would hardly help me passing me the exam?

This Discussion