cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max # of Point-to-Point T1's a 3845 can handle?

aprather
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a 3825 that has 4 VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 2-Port T1/E1 Voice / WAN w/ Drop & Insert modules in the built in wic slots.

This currently gives us 8 T1 connections. I need to move up to atleast 16 T1 connections (point to point) so we are going to move to a 3845 model.

The only T1 based network modules I could find were NM-HDV2 modules.

These seem to have a slot for 1 2 port t1 module and also 2 built in t1 ports.

What confuses me is that this NM only talks about voice on its reference page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008039c333.shtml

Is this the correct NM to purchase? And assuming we fill the 3845 up with those NM's all with dual port t1 modules, whats the max I can see as far as t1 connections?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

delete

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the correct module would be nm-2w, basically just an holder for the vwic and nothings else.

However with such a T1 density your best choice would a 7200 with two PA-8E1/T1 and job done without too many parts.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks very much for the reply.

What it comes down to now is $$. If the 7200 with two 8 port PA's is cheaper than the 3845 with its modules.

Check the leading auction site. Works for me every time I have to design on a budget. You don't need any latest NPE for the 7200, a 300 will do.

Thanks for the rating and good luck!

Well, this is for an enterprise customer of mine. But for them money is tight as well (where isnt it really?) Ill get some quotes from my provider and we will see where it takes me. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: