Views
Helpful
Replies

smtp networking

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I have unity 4.2, vm-only at two sites. Am trying to set up smtp netwroking between them. When I fwd a msg to other site I'm getting a reciept saying msg could not be delivered due to routing problem.

How can I tell if message got to remote unity?

Also, I've tried testing smtp connectivity between unity's-after entering the telnet cmd I receive "220 with a bunch of astericks". Upon entering the ehlo cmd, i get back, "500 5.3.3 unrecognized command"

any troubleshooting direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Rob

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This doesn't answer your question, but as an FYI, beginning with Cisco Unity 5.0(1), SMTP Networking is no longer supported.

You may wish to consider setting up VPIM Netorking so that when you upgrade your not faced with having to convert to VPIM Networking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507386

Yes. I'm aware of that.

But VPIM requires license and customer hasn't made up mind on that yet, so in meantime we're trying smtp

thanks

rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: