cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME G729 Moh and prompt?

daniel-ma
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder whether there is a way to configure CME using Moh file from flash with g729 codec. Also, is it possible to configure b-acd script to play g.729 codec prompts?

In this configuration, all incoming calls will come from WAN with g.729 codec. If we could configure MoH and Prompts using g729, we could save some transcoding dsp resources. However, I tried save the .au files as g.729 format, but the system could not play the files.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What did you used to record in G.729 ?

Most applications do not produce the correct format unless you know very exactly how to do that.

If you go to:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/Recorder/

there is native tcl/ivr recoder that I wrote. Just change codec to g.729 and see if you have better luck with the prompts produced by that.

I have not tried b-acd in g.29 but I would be curious to know if it works for you.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I copied the g711ulaw files to CCM4, and Call manager convert it to g.729. But it did not work. I wonder whether CME could actually play G729 format, or I might have to use transcoder.

You can check with "debug voice application media state".

The debug result did not show the codec. I will run packet analyzer tomorrow to find out. I am actually wondering whether b-acd could play prompt as g.729.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: