Views
Helpful
Replies

different predot digits

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

in a route pattern in CCM, can i confiure more than one digit as access code before the dot (like, 98.00XXXXX... or 765.00XXXXX....)

if yes, can i have a route patterns with 2 predot digits and route patterns with 3 predot digits and so on?

if yes, then when how would the secondary dial tone behave, will it be played after first digit? second digit?.. or what?

thanks

2 Replies 2

sgelli
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes, you can configure a route pattern with more than one digit before the dot. You can have different route patterns with different number of digits before the dot.

The secondary dial tone has no relation to where the dot is placed in the route pattern. When a user starts dialing a number, the moment the CallManager finds the perfect match, it plays the outside dial tone.

For example, if you a route pattern 98.XXXX and there is no other route pattern starting with a 9, when the user dials 9, he will immediately here the outside dial tone.

If there is another route pattern starting with 9 (say 911), the user will hear the outside dial tone after he presses 98, because that is when the CallManager finds the perfect match.

Hope I was able to answer your questions.

thanks