cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up RAID in HP DL 380 For CCM

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I need to set up RAID Array for CCM 4.2 in HP DL 380 Server. How do I go about this? Is there any documentation I can use.

Secondly, I am a bot confued about RAID. If my primary disk fails, do I need to do anything to kick my mirrored disk in or does it automatically take over?

Thanks

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you mean IPCC Expresss - or Unified Contact Centre Express as Cisco now call it - then the answer is yes. It uses the same operating system releases as CallManager.

If it is IPCC Enterprise then I cannot help as I have never installed it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Cisco only support HP hardware conforming to the exact specifications published at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/prod_brochure09186a0080107d79.html

These configurations only offer RAID1 (disk mirroring). Other forms of RAID using multiple disks (e.g. RAID5) are not supported.

When you install CallManager 4.2 the OS install disk will check the hardware and configure RAID1 for you.

The mirroring process is totally automatic - if you pull out one of the disks (assuming SCSI) and replace it with a blank then the server will copy the contents of the remaining original disk to the new disk.

There is a HP utility that is installed as part of the CM4.2 install procedure that allows you to check on the status of the mirroring operation.

Things are a little different with lower spec servers with SATA drives as they are not hot pluggable.

The whole RAID setup is very poorly documented by both Cisco and HP. If anyone has some decent information on this (esp. SATA drives in MCS7825) please publish it.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thank you. I am also installing IPCC on another server. IS the process the same. Will Raid be automatically set when istalling the IPCC aplication on the IPCC server.

If you mean IPCC Expresss - or Unified Contact Centre Express as Cisco now call it - then the answer is yes. It uses the same operating system releases as CallManager.

If it is IPCC Enterprise then I cannot help as I have never installed it.

Many thanks. Can I ask one more favour. Can I be your friend. I am looking to rally develop in IPT and am looking to associate myself with Champions like you.

my contact is deji.okanlawon@nscglobal.com/deji_ok@hotmail.com..

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: