RME: Internal error now appearing after trying to retrieve Startup Config

Unanswered Question
Sep 16th, 2007

Hi,

I have RME 4.0.5 running on a Windows 2003 platform.

Over the weekend one of the devices that we manage using CiscoWorks started appearing on the RME->Config Management->Archive Management Partially Successful list. Prior to this it was archiving configuration successfully.

The message that comes up for the Primary Startup is: Internal error.

I have rechecked the Credentials, and all the ones that we use: SNMP RO, SNMP RW, Telnet and Enable, are all still ok.

In the past I have had this occur, and I have resolved it by deleting the device from CW, and then readding it. I would prefer not to do this as it removes all the history of the device.

Any ideas as to what may be happening to cause this?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Sun, 09/16/2007 - 14:29

You will need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, re-run a sync job for the startup config, and post the dcmaservice.log.

Joe Clarke Sun, 09/16/2007 - 21:34

There are no errors in this file. Which device is having the problem?

Jeff Law Mon, 09/17/2007 - 12:28

The device having the problem is a Aironet 1210 Access Point. Its one of about 30 that we manage. All the others have no problems so far.

I did have one thought last night, and that was relating to the patch I installed recently, CSCsh39475. I remember running theRemoveMismatchVLANConfigurations_Script, but I cant remember doing the RemoveMismatchPrimaryConfigurations_Script.

I'll run that today.

Jeff Law Thu, 09/20/2007 - 19:44

Well I ran the RemoveMismatchVLANConfigurations_Script but there were no configurations with any mismatches.

Joe Clarke Thu, 09/20/2007 - 20:25

Again, which device is having the problem (i.e. IP/hostname)? This log shows that no startup configurations were even attempted, so make sure you are actually checking the Fetch Startup config box when doing your Sync Archive.

Actions

This Discussion