Views
Helpful
Replies

AccessControl Exception on Java VM when connecting to Cisco 501

robertbogley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks

I have searched the cisco website for hours and not found anything. I need to somehow upgrade a cisco 501 so that we can connect to it from a PC through its web interface.

At the moment I connect to https://192.168.1.1 and after three blank password prompts I get a java AccessControlException.

Is there a way to upgrade the thing so that any browser can connect to it. We are not allowed to install old versions of java vms for security reasons.

All the web forums seem to suggest installing an old version of java vm - but surely cisco wouldn't leave its customers out in the cold like this - would it ??

thanks

3 Replies 3

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

Try to update your Java and PDM.

Thanks for this. I found one way to at least get onto the PDM, and that is in Internet Explorer > Tools > Options > Advanced, untick the Sun JVM and enable the MS JVM, then at least I can get on it.

I went to the cisco page that is supposed to have the updated PDM, but there's no download there. It just says "no file for this topic" or something like that !

Can the PDM update itself somehow ?

thanks

Robert no the device manager cannot update itself, you will need to download the version from CCO that corresponds to your Pix OS and then TFTP it to the Pix, then you will need to tell the Pix to use the new version, delete old, save config, reboot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card