cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users can get to internet through remote WiSM but not to corporate network

chulbert
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a WiSM in a 6509 and have a handful of sites converted from Fat to LWAPP. All sites connected to Corp over T1 (IPSEC+GRE). The user gets on the network fine and can get to www.google.com and other Internet Sites. All web sties internal to the company never come up or take at least 3 minutes to come up.

WAN segment is a 10.163.11.0/24

Corporate office is 172.16.0.0/16

tracert works fine.. and telnet works fine.. but RDP, HTTP, Netbios and Citrix to the 172.16.0.0/16 network fails.

We are running 2 SSID's one is Protected and one is in our Guest network. Protected runs EAP-PEAP and auths fine.

Any ideas?

I do have broadcast forwarding disabled and Peer to Peer blicking enabled.

3 Replies 3

igaffine
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue with a WiSM in that I could not get to the Internet, unless I had an ACL with 'log' turned on. In the end it turned out to be a problem with a WS-X6548-GE-TX, in that it was dropping small packets. The Internet, via a proxy server and some other server where connected to this blade and once move (ultimately replaced with a new 6548) the problem went away. The ACL could then be removed.

There is a field notice out about the 6548, it also covers 6148.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_field_notice09186a0080228f16.shtml

Hope this helps

Ian

WOW.. thats odd..

Its a dual Sup720 and the supervisor is my uplink ports for that switch... we opened a TAC case today to begin to troubleshoot..

it is similar because small packet protocols work fine to any network.. but the bigger the packet... the more likely it will only go to non rfc1918 addresses...

Thanks

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am currently experiencing this same exact problem.  I see that there is no resolution attached and am wondering if this has ever been resolved?

Thanks,

Mike

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card