cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transparent Web Dialer App

desmanhdlh34
Level 1
Level 1

It seems as if Cisco as well as other top Voip/IPT telephony vendors aren't very keen on providing a Web Dialer app that provides the capability to click to dial any standard digit phone numbers from within popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, FireFox, Netscape, Opera, etc. Is this a dire security risk? I know Cisco has a Web Dialer that is apparently more geared towards Intra-Enterprise. If not such a blatant security risk, does anyone know of any third party apps that provide this type of functionality for Call Manager, namely 6.0. I'm just thinking solely from a standpooint of adding a few "bells and whistles" for end users especially (sales and customer service users, not to mention the idea of easily of leveraging this functionality for web based CRM apps and the like). Maybe I'm just missing it, does this type of functionality have "Network Admin Heresy" written all across it? I'd really be interested in getting any type of enlightening feedback. For perhaps a better idea of what I'm talking about you may want to view the following link:

www.shoretel.com/products/applications/downloads/web_dialer_datasheet.pdf

6 Replies 6

wojtek
Level 1
Level 1

Wojtek:

Thanks for information. On the surface, it seems as if this gets me in the "ballpark". However, I will be deploying Presence/Personal Communicator. It seems as if there will be some feature overlap (i.e. call pop-up, click to dial Outlook contact). However, I do like the idea of selecting phone numbers in other apps such as Word, Adobe Reader, and PowerPoint. I will follow up with ANDTEK.

pmuller
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first post so I'm not sure if it good form or not to post one's own products... but along the lines of what you are looking for you can check out:

http://www.netelligent.com/products/interact/keyfeatures.aspx

While there is some overlap with CUPC, Interact is focused on out-of-the box integration to CRM, ERP, etc. systems...

PMuller:

Thanks, I'll take a good look when I get a chance.

jguay
Level 1
Level 1

What you are looking for is Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Windows. Unfortunetaly I think it only works with CallManager Express.

Cisco has developed some "widgets".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9829/index.html

One of them is called "Click-to-dial" and allows you to call from applications, in the case of outlook form its contact directory.

/amaia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: