Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Message on 6509

joeaviles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've been trying to research this error message that I received on my 6509 and I haven't been able to find it anywhere on Cisco's support documentation. I don't have access to the error message decoder so I am asking my fellow techies out there to lend a hand. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM: Module 3 is experiencing the following error: PINNACLE Pb transient parity error detected : ports - 1 2 3 4

Kindest Regards,

2 Replies 2

szahid
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Joseph :

what type of line card it is and what is the software version ? The above error means that there is a memory parity error experienced by this module ( putting simply , bit flip is occuring on this module where 0 might get flipped to 1 or 1 might get flipped to 0 ) . Is it serious , yes ? since it will result in data corruption. Typically , transient memory parity errors go away with a hard reboot ( removing and reinserting of the line card ) . Soft reset pf the line card wont take care of it. If the error continues to occur after OIR , replacing the line card will be a good idea.

Thanks

Salman.

Thank you very much. I wound up reseating the card. I believe we are on v12. But I will get an answer back to you on that. I will look at the error log again and get more specific information on the module. Again, thank you, you confirmed what I was thinking to the Nth degree. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: