Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on Cisco 2950 Switch

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure QoS on the 2950 switch with IOS version c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA10a. I do not have the mls qos, class-map, policy map and other qos comand available. The configuration guide says I should be able to turn on Auto QoS for ths switch model, but that command is not available.

The only commands that I can issue are the interface command mls qos trust, and the global wrr-queue cos-map commands

I am trying to turn on QoS, set TOS = 184 and DSCP=46 for a traffic class.

How can I do this when I am unble to classify or mark the traffic?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

szahid
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Paul :

All the commands that you are talking about are available on the EMI version switch. Could you please let me know what is the part # for the 2950 that you have . Most likely what you have is an SMI version , which has only a subset of qos commands available.

Thanks

Salman.

Hey Salman,

Model Number is the WS-C2950-24. Is this switch limited to running only the SMI only?

As the image I put in is the C2950

EI AND SI IOS IMAGE AND WEB BASED DEVICE MANAGER (c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA10a.tar)

They all run the same image but it is smart enough to know what switch it is and will only enable the features for that particular switch. I believe if you do a show version it will tell you if it is an SMI or an EMI switch in the description field. There is no way to upgrade that if it is a SMI switch.

Thanks.

Looks like they have the standard switch

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card