Hi I have a 2811 router with a 16 port etherswitch. I have connectivity within the vlan on my switch but I cannot reach anything off of the router interface. Below is the basic configurations of my interfaces:
f0/0 (Outside Interface) 192.168.211.1 255.255.255.252
f0/1 (not currently used)
f0/3/0-8 (Etherswitch ports) VLAN management IP - 192.168.212.1 255.255.255.0.
Do I need to configure the f0/1 interface to somehow interact with the etherswitch or is it automatic? When I try and ping my f0/0 interface I get an error from my vlan management IP.
I have a few comments and questions that might help me understand.
1. What do you mean by "When I try and ping my f0/0 interface I get an error from my vlan management IP."
2. Your RIP has 192.168.211.0 but not 192.168.212.0. Is this intentional?
3. Your RIP also has 10.0.0.0, but I don't see any interfaces in this router that would correspond to this network statement.
4. If you do a show ip route, what do you see? Can you see the VLAN 2 connected route?
5. If you ping hosts on VLAN 2 from within the router, do you get any response? Can you see them in the show arp?
6. Is F0/3/0 actually trunking? I see it has native VLAN 1, so if you put a VLAN 1 IP address on the VLAN 1 interface, you should be able to see it from a host on VLAN 1 elsewhere in your network.
7. Are there other hosts on VLAN 2 on the switch connected to F0/3/0?
8. Is the trunk configured correctly at the other end?
Sorry I cannot point a finger at a single line and say "that's it", but I hope I have given you some leads to work on.