cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance with Fax Server Solution

frr8trane
Level 5
Level 5

My company is wanting to implement a Cisco Fax Server Solution, Rightfax 9.3, to reduce costs. We are running Cisco VoIP and a network that spans 12 buildings. What do we need to have in place and/or need to purchase to impliment this solution or is there somewhere specific that we can learn how to do this?

7 Replies 7

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Kris,

This guide should be helpful. We use RightFax with PRI voice cards, but T38 fax over IP would reduce gateway expense.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/fax_server/90/faxdocs.html

If you have more specific questions after reviewing the guides I will try to help you out.

Please use the pulldown menu to rate helpful posts.

Dave

Dave,

Do you have any experience installing Right Fax? Can you recommend any resources for installation, someone who's been there, done that?

Thanks,

Steve

probert100
Level 1
Level 1

Have you looked at XMedius?

XMedius is a very nice solution, acts as a H.323 gateway so you can leverage what you already have in place. You may not even have to add

PRI or T1 line.

http://www.faxserver.com/

Hope this helps.

clarocque
Level 1
Level 1

RightFax is not the right solution. There is much better out there... Look at XMediusFAX from Sagem-Interstar. It is a proven robust solution that truly leverages the Cisco VoIP infrastructure, does not require any fax boards, it's all software and uses T.38 with Voice gateways and CCM. Take a look at the Partner Solution catalog. XMediusFAX is a certified CTDP solution.

Thank you for your response. We have looked into this offering as well, yet still seeking to deploy the Cisco-branded solution.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that :-) You will have quite a challenge with the RightFax product to make it work reliably accross multiple locations on a Cisco VoIP network. The solution requires expensive fax boards, it is out priced and will be a nightmare, especially V9.3. you may want to re-consider your options. You should talk to other engineers in the Cisco circles to get a better insight. Good luck any way...

Cheers,

Christian

Thanks.