cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Cisco Agent Desktop with Custom Administrative Rights

myron.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of upgrading IPCC Express from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5. The Cisco Agent Desktop upgrade requires Administrative Rights to the Local PC in order for the Desktop upgrade to be successful. Is there a way to just grant rights to the particular folders and\or registry keys that need to be updated without giving the End Users full Desktop Administrative rights? If so, what folders/registry permissions need to be assigned?

2 Replies 2

you just need this while installation. If not then you have to grant access to cisco directory and windows directory.

That is just guess.

I am not sure if I would recommend this. I have been battling reserved states, transfer failures, and agent state changes since I implemented this. However, if you want to try it , here is how I did it:

I gave modify access to the following folders and subfolders:

-%Program Files%\Cisco

-%Program Files%\Common Files

-%Program Files%\InstallShield Installation Information

I gave modify access to the following registry keys and subkeys where noted.

Key only-HKey_Local_Machine\Software

Key/Subkeys-HKey_Local_Machine\Software\License

Key/SubKeys-HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\RFC1156Agent

Key/SubKeys-HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Tracing

Key/SubKeys-HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Key/SubKeys-HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls

Key/SubKeys-Hkey_Local_Machine\Spanlink

Also see Cisco Document ID: 71466.

That document contains how to manually uninstall cisco agent software suite. There may be a time that Cisco Agent Updates may need to modify those Registry/Files.

I used Sysinternal tools called regmon and filemon to find where I needed to give modify access.

If anyone implements this let me know how it works for you.

I am running Cisco CRS 4.0.5 SR1