Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Mbps Conectivity

parveshchahal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we have taken a lease line of 2Mbps for connecting our Two offices. One side there is ethernet connectivity and one side is V.35 connectivity.

My Queries are:

1. Which router to use as for v.35 modem?

2. When the link is up i need to run Erp between both sides. I mean i am totally unaware of this concept. So after link is up i will be able to view all my remote PC,s as they or into lan or like what?

I mean how i will be accessing computers on one site from other?

How to share folders and run ERP software ?

Please help to get this through

Thanks,

Parvesh

4 Replies 4

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Answer for ur question # 1.

Cisco 1800 series with WIC-1T wud satisfy this.

Answer for ur question #2

you have mentioned already the link is UP on the other end office(Office-A) which is ethernet connectivity, so what u need to is once after connecting the router with the above mentioned on the other side of your office(Office-B), you will be able to reach the Office-A PC's.

sharing is same like how you share the PC's locally on LAN.

eg. \\\

Dear Anand,

Thanks for replying. So when my line goes up my both the offices will be connected as they are in lan. i donot require any proxy or anything. No Live IP are required. is 1841 good option to go with? Secondly i need to configure the router Please guide me the steps how do go for complete setup of that router.

Regards,

Parvesh Chahal

gaurav_thapar79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As per ur post, i can conclude that :

1. You want ethernet termination at Office A

2. You want V.35 termination at Office B.

3. PC folder sharing etc over this E1 ckt.

With above scenario,its not feasible to have ethernet & v.35 stuff. You can not achieve this case. V.35 serial transmission and ethernet transmission are different altogather.

3. Both side LANs can be connected on private IP series like 172.16.0.0/16 etc and routing can be done on router & L3 switches.

madickerson
Level 1
Level 1

Pavesh,

I'm not a guru or anything, but if I were in your shoes, I'd make the connection from the v.35 interface to a server or other winndows box, with Dial Up Networking and IP installed. I'd open up the v.35 interface just like a modem... Then let windows set up the rest.. Using the Network setup wizard.. AFTER the v.35 interface is working.. (if you hook up a windows box, and it can see the remote office, then you're almost there..)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card