Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiterminal mode on 857

securedigit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'have adquired a Cisco 857 router, and it's set by default on monoterminal ( all ports open, and no needed to open it by NAT ) and I would set the router on Multiterminal ( closing all ports and opening it by NAT one per one ).

Thanks

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

are you planning to map your internal server to a public based on the port number ?

if yes then you just need to define static nat translation statements mapping the internal port of the server where the applicaiton is hosted and the external port on which you want the public world to access the application.

By doing so you only open the port to the external world for access and you can harden on the server end restricting or blocking other ports for user access..

regds

Yes !!! that's exactcly what I really want to do.

I've set up NAT configuration, but something is wrong, because the users on the LAN can download MAIL, SSH, VNC...and the ports aren't mapped, there are just a few ports that I have just set up to test the routing, but with this configuration users can surf everywhere...

I add a photo of NAT configuration...what's wrong there? ports are mapped and can download mail POP3, SMTP, ALL services.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6430/aazw3.jpg

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco