cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Dialing extension from system call handler

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

Is there a way to make certain subscribers disappear from the default handler such that if I dial ext 1000 from the Unity AA I will be transferred but if I dial 1001 I can be sent to the Goodbye handler or something? The restriction tables don't seem to apply here.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You can prevent a subscriber from being reached by a caller dialing an extension from an AA by unchecking the box in the Subscriber's Profile page - List in phone directory. This also applies if the subscriber has not recorded a spoken name.

Ginger

Ginger,

My testing revealed that this only affects the listing of a subscriber in the default directory handler. After unchecking this for a certain subscriber they did indeed disappear from the dial-by-name directly handler but could still be dialed by DN from the default System Call Handler. For now I have put these DNs in partitions that are not accessible from the VM ports. The result of this is that when the DN is dialed from the AA, you go straight to the subscriber's greeting instead of getting xferd.

Hi -

I'm with you :-) Another way to handle this on a subscriber by subscriber basis is to modify the Call Transfer page in the Unity SA. Change this from Yes, ring this subscriber at this number (the default) to No, send this directly to subscriber's greeting. Direct calls to the subscriber will still ring the phone and roll to voicemail if not answered (assuming you have coverage specified that way in CallManager).

Ginger