cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1230

fvcyofvcyo
Level 1
Level 1

I buy a Antenna AIR-ANT5160V-R and connect to AP but i can't connect any users to the AP. I have 2 antennas of 2.4bdi and all my users can connect at AP when i install in AP.I need something to configurate into the AP for my new antenna of 6 dbi?

9 Replies 9

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

The AIR-ANT5160V-R antenna is a 5GHz antenna, are you connecting it to a 5GHz radio (A band) in the AP?

not i use only G band

That may well be your problem! I think this is the closest 2.4GHz antenna to the one you have:

AIR-ANT2450V-N

For more information on the antennas available try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps469/products_data_sheet09186a008022b11b.html

I have 2 AIR-ANT4941 2.4 GHZ, 2.2 dBi so if i connect this antennas anyone can connect but if only connect AIR-ANT5160V-R any user can't connect to AP. i will like to use only my new antenna so i don't know if my new antenna works or is damage or only need configurate into the configuration of my AP.

You've got a 2.4GHz radio and a 5GHz antenna. The two are not compatible. For a 2.4GHz radio you will need to purchase a 2.4GHz antenna. Simple as that.

Ok but i have in my AP the connector for 5Ghz

OK, you did say earlier you were only using 2.4GHz. Does the AP have two sets of antenna connectors? If so you have an A/B/G AP and you can connect your 5GHz antenna to the A radio connector. Next question is do your client radios run at 5GHz as well? If not, no connection. If they do, have you configured an SSID, etc, etc on the AP's A radio and enabled the radio interface? They are normally disabled by default.

yes i have two sets of antenna connectors 2 for 2.4 GHZ and 2 for 5 GHZ. Yes all users have 5GHZ. i configurate into AP SSID, etc, etc and A radio is disable.

This may be a dumb question but have you tried enabling the A radio in the AP? Also, set the antenna connector to right primary and connect your antenna to the right primary stub on the AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card