Advice For Bridging LAN over the Internet

Unanswered Question
Sep 18th, 2007

I've been tasked with bridging a remote office subnetwork over a cisco 871 through their ISP back to a Cisco 3725 at main campus. From the cisco 3725 it needs to bridge back to a bluesocket brand gateway to be routed. The requirement was that the bluesocket gateway needs to be in the same subnet as the remote office subnetwork. I know that this is not ideal...

Anyway, what tunneling protocol should I be looking at to bridge this back? bridge-groups over GRE?

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 09/18/2007 - 14:17

Hi,

I've used with the bluesocket product. It does not require that the devices it controls are in the same subnet. In configuration, there is a button where you click 'add remote subnet', enter the parameters, and it will control anything from that subnet nicely

This will allow you to do a sane design.

loughlind Wed, 09/19/2007 - 05:08

Thank you for the sanity check. I don't administer the bluesockets.. We have a separate group.

To get the bluesocket to work like that, do I need to run PBR on the routers between the remote office 871 and the bluesocket? How do I insure that traffic will pass through the bluesocket?

Actions

This Discussion