cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice For Bridging LAN over the Internet

loughlind
Level 1
Level 1

I've been tasked with bridging a remote office subnetwork over a cisco 871 through their ISP back to a Cisco 3725 at main campus. From the cisco 3725 it needs to bridge back to a bluesocket brand gateway to be routed. The requirement was that the bluesocket gateway needs to be in the same subnet as the remote office subnetwork. I know that this is not ideal...

Anyway, what tunneling protocol should I be looking at to bridge this back? bridge-groups over GRE?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I've used with the bluesocket product. It does not require that the devices it controls are in the same subnet. In configuration, there is a button where you click 'add remote subnet', enter the parameters, and it will control anything from that subnet nicely

This will allow you to do a sane design.

Thank you for the sanity check. I don't administer the bluesockets.. We have a separate group.

To get the bluesocket to work like that, do I need to run PBR on the routers between the remote office 871 and the bluesocket? How do I insure that traffic will pass through the bluesocket?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card