cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when putting hostname at the router.

cindylee27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

When i put in hostname below, i got the error message below. Is there any limitation of characters on hostname at cisco devices?

% Hostname "SFRRE-DR00330044 " is not a legal LAT node name, Using "CISCO_F3C01B"

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Local Area Transport (LAT) protocol is the protocol used most often to connect terminals to DEC hosts.

The LAT protocol is similar to TCP/IP's Telnet protocol in that it allows an user at one site to establish a connection to a host at another site, then passes the keystrokes from one system to the other. A user can establish a LAT connection through the terminal server to a DEC host, simply by entering the host name.

It sounds like the IOS you are running, has terminal services features.

To read more about LAT, see:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/tsc_r/54006.htm

In short, I wouldn't worry about it :) Ignore the message.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Local Area Transport (LAT) protocol is the protocol used most often to connect terminals to DEC hosts.

The LAT protocol is similar to TCP/IP's Telnet protocol in that it allows an user at one site to establish a connection to a host at another site, then passes the keystrokes from one system to the other. A user can establish a LAT connection through the terminal server to a DEC host, simply by entering the host name.

It sounds like the IOS you are running, has terminal services features.

To read more about LAT, see:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/tsc_r/54006.htm

In short, I wouldn't worry about it :) Ignore the message.

Thanks Edison!.. :)

Read the link and u r rite.. i dun need to worry about it.. after know what is LAT all about..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card