cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

tftp server

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I was trying to tftp a new image to a 3845 I saw in the logs that the file was too big for the tftp server what tftp server can I use to tftp/ftp a 40 meg file to the router? Thank you in advance

9 Replies 9

jay77jay77
Level 1
Level 1

i have been using 3Com tftp server.

Are you using cisco tftp server, if so yes it has limitation.

you may search for 3com tftp server

regds

Jay

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI,

You can download 3COM tftp server from the link below:

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=all&sku=WEBBNC3300SYS&sort=effdt&order=desc

Normally the 3COM and SolarWinds doesn't have limitation in terms of file size.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Thanks for that I was using SolarWinds when I was trying to upload the file. I saw in solarwinds log that the file was too big. Anyways I will download the one from 3com...is it free??? I guess I will find out in a sec...thanks!!!

Warren

I have used the 3Com TFTP server (which also has a FTP server implementation) and had good success with it. And it is free.

As the image files get this large it might be a good idea to consider using FTP to load the image. FTP does not have the limitation on file size that TFTP does. And the performance of FTP is much better than the performance of TFTP. With smaller files the performance difference may not be significant. But as the files get larger the performance difference becomes more significant.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks everyone for your suggestion I downloaded teh 3com tftp server but it bombed out on me at 32meg. I found one called tftpd32 located at

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

which was really great it pushed the 41meg file over in no time...thanks again for all your suggestions!!!!

HI,

Nice to hear it solved your problem.

DO RATE ALL HELPFUL POSTS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Thanks for the info, Warren. Very helpful.

Watch out for your antivirus software with this program. Many trojans and worms have used this server before due to its small size. The tftp server itself isn't suspect, but due to others using it for malicious intent, your antivirus software may remove it from your system as a suspect program.

Brian

Thanks Brian for the info will keep that in mind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card