Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2.1 VM only and AD 2003 error

vnebolsi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate Unity 4.2.1 Voice Messaging only installed on a single Windows 200 box with existing AD running on Windows 2003 servers.

While running Exchange Forest Preparation I'm getting this error:

The component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned the action "ForestPrep" because:

-Setup is unable to access Windows 2000 Active Directory

- Failed to find a local Active Directory domain controller for domain xxx. Please verify that this computer belongs to a Windows 2000 domain and that you are logged on as a user of that domain."

Well, I've joined the domain and logged as domain admin user. But it's Windows 2003 domain. Is it a problem?

I got stuck here. Please help.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Check out this Microsoft link which discusses how to run forestprep for a Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 server when the AD domain controller that is the Schema Master is running Windows 2003 -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810591

Hope this helps! Ginger

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you run the forest prep, make sure of a couple things:

The AD you are joining, Active Directory DNS is working properly.

On your unity server, the DNS addresses are pointed to this DNS server in AD

Also, make sure the account you are using has the correct privilages. You may want to run the forest prep on a domain controller. This will help get around your problem as well. Once the forest prep is done on the domain, you can go back and run Exchange, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: