Views
Helpful
Replies

WS X6608 Second port in the route group didnt come up

kevinhobson2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two 6500 series switches with WS X6608 service modules. The otherday the primary failed and the secondary didnt come up. They are configured correctly in a route group in call manager and i have ran the show port <mod num> to check that they are registered in call manager correctly.

Help appreciated as always.

Cheers

Kev

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

By failed do you mean the primary link was completely down ?? If yes, then the calls should have gone through.

- Are both the Gateways configured within the same Route Group or are within individual Route Groups.

- Are both the PRIs are from the same provider or not ?

The port showing as registered does not confirm that the PRI is up. The port can show Registered even when the PRI is down. What was the color of the port on the 6608. To be sure that the port is up and working fine, the port on 6608 should have a green light, not amber.

Also, the only real way of knowing what causing the issue would be Detailed CCM Traces using which we can know what exactly caused the call to fail.

Hi the ISP confirmed the line was fine. I am currently looking through trace files.

Hi,

Can anyone advise which trace files show you pri isdn.

Is it the standard CCM Traces SDL and SDI or is it a different one?

Thanks

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: