cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 email reports

joseph.filipek
Level 1
Level 1

Can lms 2.6 email usertracking host reports and rme detailed device lists or do they only send email notifications?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can get email notifications when reports are available, but you will have to click on the links in the emails to view the reports.

If lms 2.6 does not send the details of the user tracking database then how can lms be modified to regularily export the data via a script?

If by ut cli, we are using tacacs for authentication and when asked for password authorization fails.

ut -cli should work even with TACACS+ authentication. You just need to make sure that the user credentials you are passing are correct in your TACACS+ server, and that the user is authorized to run UT reports. Exactly what error are you getting trying to run ut -cli?

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.u

tng.application.UTDataManager).

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

These are not true errors. They are harmless, and will not prevent one from running ut -cli reports.

I am getting these messages before I can run ut reports and after I type the command:

ut -cli -uUSER -pTACACSPASSWORD

But these messages are not fatal. There must be something else you're seeing that is causing the ut -cli command not to run correctly. When I run ut -cli with local authentication, I get:

% ut -cli -u admin -p admin -query all

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.ani.clients.utng.application.UTDataManager).

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

UserName,MACAddress,HostName,IPAddress,Subnet,IPv6Address,PrefixLength,Prefix,DeviceName,Device,Port,PortName,PortState,PortDuplex,PortSpeed,VTPDomain,VLAN,VLANId,VLANType,trBRFVLAN,SecondaryVlan,Ring,Bridge,LastSeen,Notes