Views
Helpful
Replies

Filtering out spam notification for selected domains

andrea.donaggio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,
We have implemented Ironport with multiple incoming domains and we have enabled spam quarantine. Is there a way to filter out spam notification sent to end users for selected domains using a message filter or using another trick?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Andrea

5 Replies 5

Hi Andrea,
we use a messagefilter with a dictionary search to drop unwanted notifications for specific recipients.

Jörg

andrea.donaggio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jörg,
so a message filter can act also on emails originated from the ironport itself?

andrea.donaggio
Level 1
Level 1

I've just tried using a message filter with a dictionary search but it doesn't work. I think the notification messages as other messages originated from the ironport itself don't pass through message filters.
Any other suggestions?
Does somebody know if this feature will be available in 5.5 release?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Andrea

Oh - sorry.
I never tried it with mails from the onbox quarantine. We are using a M-Series which sends the notifications over the c-series. In that configuration the filter works fine.

Regards,

Jörg

I can't try this myself since I made my 'IronPort Spam Quarantine' take up all 15GB available, and now it's not freeing up space when I told it to shrink..

It looks like you "should" be able to add a new Local Quarantine with its own settings, if there is space available. The new quarantine would be set so that it doesn't send notifications.

Then you'd have to go to Incoming Mail Policies and create a new policy above the default one. It would have all the settings of the default one but uses the new quarantine and only apply to the domains you want (set this by clicking on the Policy Name).

... then again this totally depends on being able to create a separate quarantine ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: